Purchase and Sale of Businesses
Sale of a Business
Tax considerations are very important in selling a business to maximize the after-tax return to the owner. We anticipate the various ways of selling a business to determine the most tax-effective options for our clients. We:
- analyze the current corporate and family structure to develop planning recommendations;
- design the transactions required to put the tax planning in place;
- liaise with legal and other counsel;
- assist by reviewing the legal documentation;
- assist in negotiating the terms of the sale, with particular emphasis on the tax issues involved; and
- complete all necessary tax filings and elections.
We work closely with legal counsel and business valuators where required. Sometimes, we can minimize tax by incorporating certain international strategies. We can also suggest creative approaches, such as earnouts, employee-funded purchases, share-for-share exchanges, and sale/leaseback transactions.
Cadesky Tax Firm Brochure
Experience. Excellence. Delivered.
Subscribe to the Cadesky Tax Newsletter
Free of charge and delivered straight to your inbox.