Trust & Estate Planning
Trust and Estate Taxation
The area of trusts and estates is complex, with many opportunities for tax planning. These opportunities include
- minimizing tax through income splitting;
- planning for deferral of capital gains and passing wealth to the next generation;
- minimizing taxes on death through the use of special elections;
- evaluating certain non-resident strategies to “export” the trust to a favourable tax jurisdiction;
- tax planning for the division of the trust assets, either to beneficiaries or to other trusts, and
- evaluating the trust’s capital gains tax position and developing a capital gains minimization strategy (which may include an estate-freeze type of reorganization).
We can also prepare or review tax returns that involve complex trust situations. Having authored two books on this subject, we are the professionals that other professionals often turn to in complex situations or just for a second opinion.
Cadesky Tax Firm Brochure
Experience. Excellence. Delivered.
Subscribe to the Cadesky Tax Newsletter
Free of charge and delivered straight to your inbox.